When a small business is a start-up many may ask the question. Do we need a software or platform for customer relationship management (CRM)? The truth is that no matter the size of the company or project, a CRM tool is essential for proper development. CRM helps a small business enter the market with more power and gain visibility, and allows the small business to create and strengthen relationships with customers. Keeping customers satisfied will allow them to be loyal, which is something tremendously valuable to any business.
Unfortunately, all the debates about the CRM are placed in the context of large companies. It is difficult to find how small businesses and startups can benefit from the technology of these management tools. In addition, companies that offer CRM services do not consider small businesses and their supply tends to be inaccessible to these businesses. Nevertheless, a good CRM can mean the difference between success and failure for a startup or a small business.
As a small business grows, the ability to define their target audience and their loyalty becomes very important. For a small business it is not only difficult retain the first customers loyalty, it is a process that never stops, there is no horizons when it comes to loyalty. This is where a CRM plays an important role. This technology provides a place to store information about its customers and their needs. Thanks to this, the customer relationships are more significant, and the best customer segmentation can increase loyalty, and as a result, sales of the business.
How can CRM benefit small businesses?
CRM technology allows the sales team to contact customers and establish personal relationships. Some CRM Platforms allow companies to acquire social data of a specific audience segment, this allows them to manage customer relations more precisely.
In the area of marketing, CRM campaigns can greatly simplify and make them less complex. It also allows a small business to compile data relating to customer behavior that make it possible to see how is their relationship with a small business brand.
What are the challenges involved in implementing CRM technology for a small business?
One of the biggest challenges for small businesses when implementing a CRM is its development. The later it is implemented, the harder it will be to store all the information possessed by all team members in a single system. It is important to try to implement CRM and have experienced professionals who will help you with your development.
Are there businesses too small to benefit from a CRM?
In principle no business is too small to start using a CRM. Through a CRM a small business can connect, not only with the information of their customers, but also with themselves. They can do so through various channels and at all times. Knowing this, it seems unlikely that any business can not benefit from this type of service.
Some CRM Platforms are reputed to be too technical and complex to use. What are the alternatives for small businesses?
In cases where the business is small it is better to acquire a CRM with a simple design, especially for freelancers and small businesses. To integrate the tool in a business select a segment thereof, such sales, and manage it from there. There is no need to implement it all areas of a business at first since it may be too complex.
What should a small business seek in a CRM?
Mainly, small businesses have to take into account three aspects:
- A system that can be easily adapted to the business’s needs
- Invest in a system that can expand as business grows
- The tool should have a good reporting system, so a business can measure the results and see the real impact of CRM in a business.
How CRM’s may integrate with your VoIP phone system.
Most CRM software companies have noticed the need to integrate their software with a phone system, that allows for its users to be more effective and efficient. Because of this trend, about 90% of CRM software platforms, including the free ones, have some form of VoIP phone system integration. Some make it simple to integrate, and some overly complicated. The great part about it, once integrated your business will launch to a next level of operations and growth. Here are some ways your business will benefit from CRM integration with a VoIP provider.
- Real-Time click to call dialing. Have a long list of leads or customers, and need to dial them immediately, just click on their phone number. With click-to-call feature, your phone starts to dial with in a second of clicking, and with out making a missed dial mistake. Most CRM’s will also log that call when you use the click-to-call feature.
- Incoming caller’s pop up profile. Most CRM’s allow for Caller ID recognition, and when a customer calls into your office, the caller ID allows to search your CRM database and will pop-up that customer’s profile immediately.
- Data entry while on the phone. With click-to-call or inbound caller ID pop up, you are able to immediately enter notes, data, or anything regarding that call while you are on the phone.
- Telemarketing or sales calling. With a proper CRM that allows for automated outbound calling without been red-flagged as a auto-dialer. A great CRM integration will connect using a SIP connection, so that it may use the CRM as a soft phone. Every automate call will show up as a manual call, so your phone numbers don’t get red flagged as a spam auto dialer.